Adjusting hope ti glide hubs ?

NakedGav

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've got a hope ti glide rear hope that has developed a little play on the drive side :(
Is there a way to tighten this up or does it just need new bearings ?

Cheers

Gav

I've just fitted the two I had to my front one cos they'd seized :roll:
Hey ho, off to the bearing shop again.

Thanks all

Gav

NakedGav":28mmyhsi said:
I've just fitted the two I had to my front one cos they'd seized :roll:
Hey ho, off to the bearing shop again.

Thanks all

Gav

Bugger eh? :(

I'll not be far behind you in the bearing queue

Best thing is to bin em and get Chris Kings,both my pairs of CK wheels are over 10 years old and have never needed attention despite some abuse,the hopes I had before that seemed to eat bearings.

MJN":1rndwwc3 said:
Best thing is to bin em and get Chris Kings,both my pairs of CK wheels are over 10 years old and have never needed attention despite some abuse,the hopes I had before that seemed to eat bearings.

that can only be an indication of the quality of bearings fitted at the factory,both hubs do the same job,an alloy shell supporting a bearing,hope obviously chose to fit cheaper bearings,fitting better bearings as a replacement should see them on a par ?

Nah,CK also use a ring drive instead of pawls so that doesn't fail either.The bearings in CK components are much higher quality than most.

MJN":243t4kie said:

I've noticed that bearing quality on Hope hubs can vary a bit. I've never had any problems with mine and they're about 5 years old now.

Now I've said that they'll probably fail tomorrow. :LOL:

Depends also on who fitted the bearings and how.

Bearings banged in without the right size press won't last nearly as long as ones that were fitted properly.

Back