Fork top out

rebound could be set too high

springs might be too high a weight for your weight so are returning too quickly

No rebound option (factory set)

Springs are correct for weight :?

Do I need a higher viscosity oil? I'm currently using 7.5wt?

higher weight oil might work . wind off the preload ( or whatever adjustability the fork has ) to put the spring under less compression and subsequently less rebound ( the top out )

you might find they dont work as quick as you are slowing the damping

What fork are you using; it could be a combination of things; lack of damping; cobblered topout bumpers; if its air, too much pressure? I would suspect the damper and put in some fresh oil; 10 or even 15wt but check if the fork has any topout stops and their condition if there is a metal to metal sort of sound. ;)

justbackdated":m1wg0f23 said:
What fork are you using; it could be a combination of things; lack of damping; cobblered topout bumpers; if its air, too much pressure? I would suspect the damper and put in some fresh oil; 10 or even 15wt but check if the fork has any topout stops and their condition if there is a metal to metal sort of sound. ;)

Hi JBD,

The fork is a Marzochhi Z4 (the one on my RTS) that I've owned since new 1998. Its a coil fork with open oil bath. I have noticed that the return rate of the fork can also sometimes be juddery. no metal on metal contact/sounds though ;)

Back