Are you a names junkie ?

silverclaws

Senior Retro Guru
It has just occurred to me though I own a Saracen, the majority of components I have sourced to personalise it are made by Specialized. So far bar ends, saddle and tyres and I got my eyeballs on a silver straight handlebar supplied by guess who. Now I have not consciously sourced Specialized componentry, but I liked the look and the price was right. No, I tell a lie there, I specificaly searched for Specialized's Dirt Rodz, because I had had them before, and they were very good, so they were my first choice as a bar end for my present bike, they I know make good hand protectors when hitting trees.

So, the rest of you, do you adhere to a favourite brand, or do you just wander around searching for the best result out of the form/function and cost equation ?

depends what you are talking about. Dont really have a favourite brand in terms of actual bike manufacturers!! I prefer steel frames though!

I prefer Shimano to Sram/Suntour/Sachs

If you are talking about CNC parts then I'm a bit of a sucker for Machine Tech stuff - wish they would come back!!

Typically I'm not too snobbish about the brands - I try to buy what's best for the $$$. But the brands I like and tend to look for are:

Specialized (bikes, not parts)
SDG
Nokian
Titec
Serfas

Not especially hung up on a particular brand name.

Saying that my barends are all by Titec (only the anatomic carbon ones), X-lite, Onza or USE. ;)

I have always liked Pace bikes, and forks. The look of them, the design process behind them and the performance of them.

And then once you have such a frane you feel obliged to build it with nice gear, and being a Yorkshire made frame I try to populate builds with nice UK made components.

Middleburn
Goldtec
Hope
Xlite
Use

But I do appreciate modern Thomson stems/posts.

Probably the folowing, in no special order -

Kona
Rocky Mountain
(because I've never owned a bike that wasn't one or the other)
Magura (for brakes and forks)
Thomson seatposts and stems
RaceFace bars and stems
Mavic rims
Maxxis, Continental, Panaracer, IRC for tyres.

Prefer Shimano over anything Sram have to offer

Always had a soft spot for Syncros components as well after owning a Rocky Mtn iwht a full Syncros 'group'

Forks: Rock Shox.
Saddel: Selle Italia, unless like the RTS, that is a replica and needs a Avocet.
For the rest I have favorites, but depends on the bike.

Back