FIR Rims

NakedGav

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Does anybody know of any contact details/website/uk importer for FIR rims ?
I'm sure they used to be imported by Flipstar Enterprises bitd but I can't seem to be able to find them either.
Do FIR even still exist ? :?

Cheers

Gav

They're very underrated rims. Everybody always wants Mavic. The Fir rims I had bitd were actually stronger than my M231s (I can't remember the name of them though).

I've currently got a pair of Polar rims on my Saracen. Really cool looking if you can find them! :cool:

This is the Fir website but it seems they no longer do bike rims. :cry:

http://www.fir.it/UK/home.html

You could try emailing them and asking them about anything but I don't know if they'll answer. :?

I have been looking for a single fir rim for as long as I have been a member on this site, I have a middleburn front hub with a fir /orange rim and tye dye titanium spokes that I would love to make a matching rear for.

You're spot on, I seem to recall the ones I had were called 321 or something very similar to the mavic numbering system. They were very strong and had a little lip at the bottom of the braking surface.
It's actually the Polar rims I'm looking for and also the concealed nipples they used. I've got a pair of Polar's on Hope hubs that FIR built me (with bladed spokes in the rear :cool: ) when they sponsored the team I rode for but I'm hoping to be rebuilding the front with a different hub shortly. I'd also love another pair a future build.

Gav

NakedGav":39hx299t said:
They were very strong and had a little lip at the bottom of the braking surface.

They're the ones! :)

NakedGav":39hx299t said:
It's actually the Polar rims I'm looking for and also the concealed nipples they used. I've got a pair of Polar's on Hope hubs that FIR built me (with bladed spokes in the rear :cool: ) when they sponsored the team I rode for but I'm hoping to be rebuilding the front with a different hub shortly. I'd also love another pair a future build.

Gav

As I said I've got a set of these built with blue hubs and bladed spokes f and r. They're not for sale though. :p

The spokes and nipples aren't a problem to get hold of as Sapim still make them (the CX). Look here.

http://www.sapim.be/index.php?st=produc ... etail=aero

Xesh":1w0ngcpl said:
As I said I've got a set of these built with blue hubs and bladed spokes f and r. They're not for sale though. :p
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I've sent them an email so I'll see what joy I get, if any.

Gav

I'm sorry but fir (FABBRICA ITALIANA RUOTE - means italian wheels factory) doesn't exist anymore....

They do crop up on eeeeebay quite regularly - i've seen a few sets over the last month or so. :p

Back