What bikes did you ride/race BITD? & have you still got

danpiero

Retrobike Rider
Dave Yates Fan
What bikes did you ride/race BITD? & have you still got

i was thinking about what makes a true retro bike and thought that its history was a big factor . the best way to know this is if you still own your old bikes from BITD and what theve been through ,rather than ones that have been bought for rebuilds. (not that theres anything wrong with rebuilds) like whether you just rode them for fun or raced them , why you got them and different parts you might of had on them . i have still got 3 of my bikes from BITD which i am putting back together again . They are one of the first Dave Yates DONKIS NOB which is a one of a kind a 94 GT LTS which i used for D/H and a 91 Orange Clockwork .to me they meen alot and i doubt i will ever get rid of them .

Sadly I dont have any of my bikes from BITD :cry:

Post some then & now photos of you on the bikes if you do? :cool:

my 1st race was on my explosif (1st race and 1st win :D ) in 1994, about 6 months later i sold the bike, late last year i bought it back off the same guy i sold it to. it had done bearly any miles since so was in the same condition i sold it except for some small changes, i rode it last friday, still awsome and might (very likely coz of the postion) be the bike i am riding at mayhem this year. :D

Used to race and ride an early '90s Rocky Mountain Team Comp – suntour XC Comp / Pro kitted – still got her after all these years and miles, and recently found her twin in virtually brand new condition (just two frames on in the serial number sequence)

Never mind BITD matey, this old heap was my race bike from 1989 up to four years ago (now how cool is that :cool:?) , and might be in the near future too, if I decide to do a bit again.
Apologies (as ever) for non-originality and inadequate retro-ness :p - it actually has HS-33's now, nice flouro. yellow ones too, just to add insult to injury.

Attachments

• 88-Explosif-.jpg
    88-Explosif-.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,775
Mine all got nicked when the old mans garage was done over in the mid 90's :cry:The insurance paid for some nice replacements though :D

Haven't got any as I usually change my bikes every 6-8 months or so. The longest I've had a bike was 2 years, and that was my Trek 5500 TT bike.

Orange X1 - the only bike (or frame in reality) I ever bought new. Bought July '96. Still have it after several races (did OK), trips to Pyrenees and Alps along with countless places in the UK. Not currently built up, but I think it might be soon :D

Back