Anyone remember? Ridgeback expedition / ITV back in the 90's

desmobob

Old School Hero
Does anyone remember a few years back when a group of three guys cycled across, (I think) - the Moroccan dessert and through the mountains on Ridgeback bikes?

I remember watching it again and again as a kid but since losing the video have never been able to locate any information about it.
It was televised on (again I think) – ITV.

Apologies for the vagueness but it was a while ago, I was about 15 and racing in local events on a modified Cannondale M400 with AT-4’s and some early clipless pedals by Onza. :roll:

Atlas biker

It was Nick Crane and his relative. The same Nick Crane on TV at the moment, doing maps and riding around with an umbrella.

They also rode up Kilimanjaro.

I have a hardback book of Atlas biker, excellent condition, retro photos of ridgebacks etc.

Yours for £10 posted.

I had no idea that a book had been published.

Love to, however that £10 could go towards my 'rapidly requiring new bit's' - GT Zaskar I'm afraid.

:roll:

They also later cycled to the moon, with only dry cream crackers to eat............ :p

Aye, for a specky, big chinned, umbrella carrying geek, he's a bit hard is old Nick...................

Didn't the Crane brothers also ride from the Bay of Bengal to Tibet on some lovely Raleigh 753 framed touring bikes ?

I've got their book somewhere, "Journey to the centre of the Earth" or something....

Also ran across the Himalayas..................and IIRC Adrian Crane did rhe Western Isles Challenge solo in 1997.

gs

Here's the book cover - it's a great read.

They did the ride in 1987, and much of it was off-road.

Anyway, sorry, I'm digressing from the original poster's question !

Attachments

• crane-bros.jpg
    crane-bros.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 876
Back