Mountain Goat #30 and new rimz for #27

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
Just got Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer back from the powder coater today. It is a lime metallic over black base and looks pretty damn cool. I tried to take some pictures of it in the sun but the pictures really don't show the depth of the color. Kinda our tribute to the "Bass Boat" era Schwinn bikes.

Goat301.jpg

Goat302.jpg

Goat303.jpg

I also laced up the rims for Sean's Ti WTR #27. Painted Stans rims with silver Industry 9 hubs and spokes (with bonus single blue spoke). The Groovy Luv Handles and Fox fork were also painted to match and should be back by the beginning of next week. Better pictures of both bikes when they are finished.

SeanWheel1.jpg

SeanWheel2.jpg

SeanWheel3.jpg

Yep, powder coat. I really wish I could find a way to photograph it better. It really pops in the sum, almost looks like tiny lights under the paint.

I'm just stunned by that powdercoat finish - rally deep shine. The only thing I've seen as good is a flam, which I have on mine - but is far, far less robust.

hamster":22s32qxx said:
I'm just stunned by that powdercoat finish - rally deep shine. The only thing I've seen as good is a flam, which I have on mine - but is far, far less robust.

This is the first effort from a new powder guy that we are trying. He has about 15 years experience but this is his own company. He does a ton of stuff for the local NASCAR teams. I was very impressed with his work.

Updated full-bike pictures of #30. It is still tough to capture the color but hopefully you get the idea.

Goat30Side.JPG

Goat30Bone.JPG

Goat30Disc.JPG

Goat30WTR.JPG

Goat30Badge.JPG

Back