the true art of wheel building

I've always wanted to build my very own special wheelset :D
But i'd been told you can easily shag the rim completely out of shape never to be fixed,so ive shied away from it .

I'll give it a try next month :D

That's a great blog.

I must say it's definitely something all bike enthusiasts should try at least once.

Wheel building and truing knowledge is a very worthwhile skill.

One of the really satisfying jobs to get done on a bike, to build your own wheels. If you are concerned about ruining a wheel just take an older wheel and strip and rebuild it for practice.

or get pro to check out your work once you finish ;) or better still leave it to people in your lbs or me ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not a bad link thought if any one wants to learn im willing to teach at the cost of dr pepper and strawberry doughnuts ;) ;) :cool:

Wheelbuilding isn't rocket science. To everyone thinking about it...I say give it a go! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3241.jpg
    IMG_3241.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 969
utahdog2003":m62f68v4 said:
Wheelbuilding isn't rocket science. To everyone thinking about it...I say give it a go! :cool:

I didn't realize you had to drink beer whilst making them, I think I'll give it a go now.

Quite happy to build wheels for people & teach wheelbuilding if you supply the beer!

I hate wheelbuilding :twisted: ,guess thats what comes from having to do it BITD.It is a handy thing to be able to do,just being able to true your own wheels will save you a fortune,I have a rear road wheel(factory built fancy jobbie) that systematically goes slack every couple of months,that adds up over a year!

Back