Finding new trails

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
What is the best way to discover new legal trails in your area?

Any pointers people?

I use an OS map to find any likely looking trails then go out there and investigate. Some legal rights of way have been illegally blocked by farmers and landowners to keep you from there property, if this is the case contact your local council. Most of the local bikers around here (South Cave, Welton area), including myself use a lot of the public footpaths with no problems.

i found some routes on bikely . but a line on a vague map wasnt very helpfull so i cross referenced it with google earth to find the paths :D havnt got a clue how legal they are . some paths go past farms so i might go exploring with a bit of caution

i found a reservoir i didnt know existed :LOL:

varies massively by area. OS maps arent updated that often & masses of trails on the map often dont exist on the ground.. or exist on the ground but not on the map.
get out & explore :D

I just tend to link up bridleways on OS maps. However wasn't Ordnance Survey going to be bringing out maps with so-called White Routes - which were paths of disputed legality or public paths that had fallen in to disrepair? What ever happened to that?

try going on your normal loop and turning opposites at junctions, so right when you'd normally go left. or ride your normal loop backwards.
also try walking your normal loop, you see loads more!

Back