titanium repairs in the U.K.?

A

Anonymous

have just discovered a big crack :shock: :( on my Bonty Ti frameset (chainstay / driveside running all the way around the tube) whilst stripping it down in readiness for a mega trip to NZ.

I know it's possible to repair ti, but can it be done in the U.K. :?:

Anyone know of any welders?

Although I think my ££s are going to better spent on getting my nicely resprayed steel one going again...

tangent's Bonty ti

forgot to log in there...the frame can be seen in the Bloomi'n Bontrager thead, (could think of a few other adjectives beginning with b now ;) ) will add a pic of the failed weld in due course.

That sucks :(

There are a couple that deal in ti, the only one I can think of currently is Omega down in Brighton.

Where abouts you off to in NZ?[/url]

yeah it does, but at least I found it here rather than on its next ride, think I'm taking the discovery of a broken frameset slightly better than Scant did back in the day ;) :!:

Omega -as recently reviewed in STW. It will be interesting to see if they'd consider it...cheers

NZ S.Island, names which crop regularly in emails are Queenstown / Wanaka / Marlborough also putting in some time up in N.Island around the Coromandel. Not sure if watching "Lord of the Ringles" last night on T.V. counts as 'research'...but some of those places hopefully :)

Good luck with getting the Bonty fixed.

I was in NZ a few years back. Managed to get in a couple of rides around Queenstown. Pretty damn awesome. I've heard Rotarua in the North is also supposed to be pretty good.

They were (or had) been filming Lord Of The Rings round Queenstown whilst we were there ('99). All the locals were banging on about this amazing film, I'd not heard of it at that point and thought it all sounded a bit 'Dungeons and Dragons'. How wrong I was.

broken bonty

Thanks John,

also got a thread going on STW and someone reccomened a very likely sounding outfit (they even X-Ray the frame!). Taking the Huck Raver (Buck Shaver), which is cool as I maybe hooking up with some other FAT Chance riders at some point too.

Yeah I'm looking forwad to seeing place for real.

Omega is the one which comes to mind . They are used to work titanium frames .

Back