Is there a saddle out there with no black on it at all?

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Trying to build a bike with zero black on it at all - stuck on the saddle.......

I have a charge spoon but need to cover the black plastic if i cannot find something with no black on

I have a nice turquoise Bianchi one - but I'm keeping it :LOL:

Fizik - yes - also some others, good luck with your quest.

if your counting the hull of it too how about a brown leather brooks with chrome rails

perry":1p22a3ef said:
if your counting the hull of it too how about a brown leather brooks with chrome rails

I was thinking the same...I have a burgandy/wine/maroon colored Brooks Team with copper rivets/rails- no black :)

For that truely retro feeling (think back to that yellow pages ad from your childhood - "eee, I were right about that saddle though") you could go with a Cinelli Unicanitor saddle or any one of the myriad of plastic BMX saddles:

P7107_250.jpg

or how about this:

4303_1.JPG

4176_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RIDO-NO-PRESSURE- ... dZViewItem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Specialized did a brown version of their Prolong saddle, c.'92-ish. One of the only saddles with 6/4 ti rails, and dead comfey to boot. [or to sit on !]
It was a bit orange to begin with though, much to my horror when it arrived :shock: , but 17years later it's patinated up to a nice chesnut brown :D

pete_mcc":hsvkkiat said:
For that truely retro feeling (think back to that yellow pages ad from your childhood - "eee, I were right about that saddle though") you could go with a Cinelli Unicanitor saddle or any one of the myriad of plastic BMX saddles:

the thought of riding a plastic saddle makes me cringe now...oh to be 10 again.

Didn't X-Lite do some coloured jobs, mid 90s ? ..also with 6/4 rails if I remember.
If you fancy the vintage/classic look [brown], there's always the amazing Campag Electa pneumatic saddle. Not sure it was meant for MTBs, but it did come as standard on the '92 Dynatech Endeavor. Could be a perch-of-genius... but then again early 90s offroad Campy ;)

Back