L & M Crankset. Any Info? Any Good?

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just purchased a STS-DH and it came with this chainset. I've never come across these before and was wondering if someone could shed some light on them.

The only info I've been able to Google is an old MTBR Review going back to 2005. Apparently they are British made but other than that I aint got a clue. :?:

They're anodised red and the bike is going to be rebuilt in silver and black so they've been taken off and won't be going back on. There are no serial numbers present. The only things present are Chainring sizes and the L&M Logo on each arm. I think they're for DH but as this is my first DH bike I've never seen them or heard of them

I was wondering are they any good, should I keep them? Does this manufacturer still exist?

They're in pretty good condition but one outer chainring bolt is missing

Any info would be helpful :)

Attachments

• CIMG1457.JPG
    CIMG1457.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,251
  • CIMG1454.JPG
    CIMG1454.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,251
Friend of mine had some of these in 2000...could have sworn his were not milled out at the back though. They were DH specific, weighed a ton.

L&M

they look like the XC version because their machined out at the back ;)

I had a set on a YETI years back..really stiff and hardy cranks ;)

Not 100% but think they were a branch off from Middleburn :?:

Thanks for the quick posts.

Going to be selling them I think as I haven't really got a use for them, I've posted in 'Whats it worth'

I might change my mind though as they are nice and shiny :)

i have some blue dh ones
there is a couple of very minor cracks in them so look closly where they fit onto the bb

rob

Nope these ones are sound. Don't think they've been used much as they're in pretty good condition.

Where did you get yours from? How old are they? Were they original spec with your bike? Any idea how much they cost?

Some sold on ebay for £30 or so. There was a link in ebay watch, but I havent looked for it yet.......

i got mine all ready cracked :shock:
i knew they were and took the risk
they take my weight (lots) fine
i paid £20 for them

rob

Back