GT STS Thermoplastic - Info wanted on New Buy

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Pointed in the right direction for an STS after posting on the 'Wanted' forum. Think I've had a bit of a bargain
:D

Not very good pics at the moment, hoping to do a full rebuild. Seller told me it was in good condition. Posted today Parcelforce 24 hope it's here by tomorrow !!

Is any body able to ID the age of this frame from the pics. The rear shock looks a bit tatty, anybody got any pointers for the fitment size of these shocks so I can start shopping around today on the net

What size forks do these run 80mm, 100mm, etc

Attachments

• pbpic2717062.jpg
    pbpic2717062.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,265
  • pbpic2717090.jpg
    pbpic2717090.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,265
  • pbpic2717099.jpg
    pbpic2717099.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,265
Nice for the money ;)

I'll have the cranks if you change them :D

Get them f'ugly modern forks off :shock:

Thanks for the posts

When I saw the bike advertised I was really only interested in the frame, didn't care about the other components just wanted this frame type that didn't have any cracks or fatigue

I'm not sure of the components that are on the bike but it's definitely not original spec. Didn't want to push him as I was more than happy in just getting hold of the frame at the price I paid.

The bike seems to have front disk and rear V's. I thought that this bike came with Formula Hydraulic disk brakes all round. So I don't know what's going on there :?:

Chris thanks for the heads-up about the DHO's, much more suited to the look of the bike. The ones listed are great, but what with this and your Zasakar I'm now skint and waiting for my current eBay listings to sell to bump my Paypal funds up a bit. I'm going to keep a look out for some more of them or similar forks. Hopefully I can get some funds together to get a set of Spins, trying to get the same look as your old STS (As I've said before Chris you must have been mad :shock: )

Pickle, I haven't got a clue what the chainset is, but it's not staying, so I'll give you a shout when it arrives. Going to be going all black and silver for this bike

Maxhc - Nice bike what's the rear suspension unit on it? Really like that spring.

Does anyone know what the eye to eye size of rear suspension is? I'm going to have to change the one fitted so will be looking on some listings tonight

Also a couple of other questions for STS owners, what's the seat post diameter (27mm ?) Whats the clamp size on the front mech?

although DHOs were the original spec, they were too short, all the sponsered riders had boxxers on them. Mine rode so much better with 6" boxxers on it.

You also need Red formula disc brakes and AC chain guide.

The rear shocks are specifis to that frame, and are prone to blowing, I have seen a few Fox vanillas modified to fit

Good luck with the build

You also need Red formula disc brakes and AC chain guide

I have got some in black!! ;)

DSC05090.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back