Pace RC50 - help required

Radar

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
just got myself retrobikeguy's pace hub. Decided on a thorough rebuild (i.e. new bearings). The 6002 stamped on the bearing seal is the bearing size - correct? And in theory I can replace any 6002 bearing with any 6002 bearing?

(There is meant to be only one circlip holding the bearings in I take it?)

Once this is done the hub will be married to a ceramic 717 rim with a USE Ti -Spinstix (red of course), and some of those new fangled spoke things.

(Sadly we didn't do anything really useful at school like finding out what m3 means - so I'm learning this now, please forgive noddy type questions))

The 6002 is the bearing size/type code but you require one with shields so add 2RS. [2 rubber shields in bearing code] So you require 6002.2RS. Only one circlip.

The 6002 is the bearing size/type code but you require one with shields so add 2RS. [2 rubber shields in bearing code] So you require 6002.2RS. Only one circlip.

The last bit of the bearing code will also have a running clearence rating so 6002 2RS C3. C3 is the tollerence. We buy 6002 in by the 100's if anybody else needs them in the future for and is having diffiucluty getting hold of them.

Back