do you ride all your bikes?

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I have 5 bikes and ride them all- my collection is not very expensive or indeed perfect so it is an easy call to ride them.

I can understand the concept of a garage queen but I still think I would ride her (ibis or yo at the mo) albeit not everyday.

I will prob never have this dilemma (no money :cry: ) however I struggle with the idea of all the amazing bikes on here that get put together with so much craft and love that don't seem to get muddy.

Do you feel guilty about your garage queen or do you feel you are a guardian preserving a work of art for future generations to oogle?

Why not ride it :twisted:

Answers on a postcard.

I've ridden all of my bikes but mainly ride ss so the others do get neglected. The Yo is mainly a garage queen but it has been ridden.

Ashamed to say no I don't

Built up a Marin Team Issue and its far too nice to ride in the mud and filth , all lovely as new M900 kit and has only been out twice

My used all the time bike is a 93 Merlin and to be honest its such a joy to ride that I don't bother with much else these days.

I only ride / use my less retro one.

The others have been used in the past but now are just there to look at and think back of all the good times I've had with them :D

Yes - when they're truly sorted. That remains a key objective of every acquisition/build (that's why they're not too 'pretty', I guess).

Still don't have a post '97 bike (which helps)...

Mr K

kaiser":3gsd1az3 said:
did you have anyone in mind? :LOL:

now your getting paranoid :LOL: - I know you will one day get her dirty.........won't you :?:

I suppose it was Cannondale Kings clockwork build that got me thinking- he created it and then is selling without riding- I can understand it, if the bike is a bit of a let down, preserving it thereafter but one ride at least non?

Latest posts

Back