Who's riding what, where, this weekend?

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I think i fancy riding the indy if it's sunny. cross on sunday for sure. that's tradition. Local trails. No time limits. :)

:cool:

went to rutland water yesterday . might have a ride along the canal path tomorrow . intrigued with seeing how far i can get

Gleniffer braes, virtualy on my doorstep, probably tomorrow afternoon and maybe Sunday morning.

Using the only working bike i have at the moment :roll: , my single speed Orange E3.

Buio-lt the Fisher as an SS last week so will take that out before it gets rebuilt again as I decided I don't like it as SS and want a geared bike. Local trails that drain well ideally.

Retro tour on the 1948 Raleigh if it's sunny.
Won't go far (just room for a saddlebag, tent, a jumper and some sandwiches!), and it's dependent on the weather being OK, but I reckon riding from Henley-Oxford and camping on one of the Thames campsites will be nice, and my first reasonable length ride on the new steed!
Leave Saturday, come home Sunday. Will tell you all about it Monday.

Be aware that the river past Pangbourne is really quite high at the moment and some of the river paths will suffer for it.

chris667":2yjmm5q4 said:
Retro tour on the 1948 Raleigh if it's sunny.
Won't go far (just room for a saddlebag, tent, a jumper and some sandwiches!), and it's dependent on the weather being OK, but I reckon riding from Henley-Oxford and camping on one of the Thames campsites will be nice, and my first reasonable length ride on the new steed!
Leave Saturday, come home Sunday. Will tell you all about it Monday.

brilliant.

:cool:

I won't follow the river, I just have Day's Lock in mind for camping. Might change my mind, though. I've never planned a tour in my life, and the Raleigh is rather high geared. :oops:
I'm typing this from my boat at the minute, I'm on the K&A, wouldn't fancy the Thames at the moment though.

Back