Going to Afan for the first time...

It's got good points and some very bad points. I wouldn't go again :(

Afan has their own eating area with loads of good meals there mate,decent prices too,if youre feeling brave then try Whites level,only been a couple of times myself but its very good ;)

The Dropoff Cafe is lovely for a bite to eat.

The Refreshment Rooms at Cymmer is good for a few pints and good banter with the locals.

The trails are great.

What's not to like?

andy.l":156r2lf1 said:
Afan has their own eating area with loads of good meals there mate,decent prices too

Thanks for the tip!

if youre feeling brave then try Whites level

I'm going with some newbie mates, so I can't really get ambitious.

Planning to go to the RB ride in May though, so will probably let rip then!

The up hill routes were great. But the down hill were just like a kids BMX track. With silly jumps. And annoying man made routes.
Oh and why is it every time I visit Wales it pisses down rain all day :x

bontyfiend":3fumvwve said:
andy.l":3fumvwve said:
Afan has their own eating area with loads of good meals there mate,decent prices too

Thanks for the tip!

if youre feeling brave then try Whites level

I'm going with some newbie mates, so I can't really get ambitious.

Planning to go to the RB ride in May though, so will probably let rip then!

As above, the Dropoff is the cafe at Glyncorrwg (Where Whites and Skyline start from). Ian runs a great place, one of the very best bike cafes I know of. Have the Welsh Rarebit. Don't even look at the menu, just trust me. Have the Welsh Rarebit.

Whites is fine. Nothing that serious on it at all. If with newbies, however, I might leave out the Black section, however.

Ride Whites, and then July (which is a shortcut of the full Skyline, giving you the superb last DH section).

tintin40":3f6zy98h said:
The up hill routes were great. But the down hill were just like a kids BMX track. With silly jumps. And annoying man made routes.

Man made routes? It's a trail centre, what did you expect?

Silly jumps? You're not having enooug fun!

BMX? See above

Rain? It's Wales, what did you expect?

;)

tintin40":30k0r06e said:
Ah, the rain :LOL:
The forecast's good for the weekend but I take it for granted that Wales = rain. Having said that, I've had some lovely (sunny) summer holidays there :)

Latest posts

Back