Bike ID on a possible TI frame?

Feedback
View
I was wondering if this was a titanium frame. The guy I talked to said it was a TI frame but It could be a nickel plated frame. Do any of you guys have info about this bike? Please help me find some info, pictures or something!

Attachments

• 3n53of3p7ZZZZZZZZZ92e6238b8c6b58a15e9.jpg
    3n53of3p7ZZZZZZZZZ92e6238b8c6b58a15e9.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,423
As far as I know it has; Halson fork. Full Shimano LX hubs, Derailleurs, Shifters/brake levers, Brakes, and Cranks. (If any of that info helps for the search.) It had one of the Scott forks that came on it but the guy said he upgraded from that to the Inversion.

I worked in a bike shop for years and went to all the moore and large events( they imported scott ) and i gotta say i never remember a TI scott,could be wrong but i hope the magnet works but remember some steel isn`t magnetic either ( stainless etc )

Actually stainless steel can be magnetic or non-magnetic.
Cutlery is often magnetic and still stainless.

If they put Nickel into the steel (though also magnetic material) this stops the stainless steel being magnetic. It also increases the corrosion resistance, iirc, by making a harder oxide layer. I think this is the most common type.

---------

back on topic, any better pictures ?

What does the yellow/white text say ?

Not a lot in the archive, not a magazine there at all.

but found this picture of a Scott that looks very much Titanium colour (omar71) but looks like a steel frame
main.php

----

EDIT even more

LX groupset does not sound like a Ti bike (if original groupset which you seem to be implying)
Scott Comp Racing (I looked at 1994 year) has LX groupset and the Scott Uniforks, which I assume you meant)
else if rigid forks then Scott Boulder

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... rand=Scott

Off for another coffee, I like it when the eldest is at Grandma's house :D

pretty sure it's a comp racing with Ritchey Logic tubing and full black LX group, nice bike/frame but not too special and def. not Ti

Back