Sram rear mech problem

NakedGav

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've got a Sram ESP 9.0 rear mech from 1997 which I took apart to give it a good clean before building the bike up. Now as everything on these is allen bolts as opposed to driven pins it literally comes apart right down to each individual piece. I took care to note how it all came apart so I could get it back together correctly (or so I thought :roll:) but now it's back together I have a spring tension problem. The main centre spring section went back together fine but the tension in the spring that goes around the frame mounting bolt section isn't under enough tension. There is a little resistance there but it's decidedly 'floppy'. :oops:
The end of the spring that fits inside the housing is in it's right hole so I'm assuming it has to be a problem with how it's wound at the washer/jockey wheel end.
Does anyone have any experience with these mechs or know how to correctly tension them ?

Cheers

Gav

Is it the alloy b tension assembly that is floppy? As they usually are until they are mounted onto the frame.

Back