More ebay Madness Developing...?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
1. Opening bid required of $500 for an unpainted Steve Potts fork.
2. Rody charges $275 for a fork (painted)
3. Steve Potts is alive and well and working, to the best of my knowledge

The implication is that this is ludicrously rare and 'worth' $500 because if you offered Steve Potts $400 to build you a new one now, he would refuse the commission.

If so, he's a very fortunate man to be able to turn away work at prices that others would be happy with when we're in the middle of a global recession.

Type II and Type I use different crowns and different fork blades. There are no more Type I crowns.

a) a Type 1 which Steve doesn't build anymore
b) the stem is included
c) an original part is always worth more than a repro, even if it would come from the same builder

I dont see a single thing "mad" about that auction.

:shock: 500 F**king madness for a fork/stem. I know 1'' forks are a little hard to find. But 500 is OTT

Of course 500 bucks is a lot of money, but quality will be remembered long after the price paid is forgotten :cool: Whether you find it worth it is highly subjestive. I see many overspending on what I consider true crap. Overhere too. Strictly personal me thinks.

More factual: I think market dictates 500 is not too much.

Type II: I've heard Steve is even running out Type II crowns now.

Oh ...and if someone offered me 500 for my Type II: Forget it.

Back