Mine and nics retro Bristol ride to Portishead

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A few piccies from todays ride to Port-zed with nic,an ace day out.Bacon & cheese butty at the Buttery with a mug of coffee first.

Our Retro weapons of choice..

pr1.jpg

pr2.jpg

pr3.jpg

Got to Portishead and had another bacon roll and hot chocolate...

pr9.jpg

pr10.jpg

Sat by the docks and admired some lovely ars*cough* Art...

pr14.jpg

This bike seem to be discarded,not sure what it was...

pr11.jpg

pr12.jpg

pr13.jpg

Got some arty-fart gratuitous bike shots in at Bristol docklands...

pr15.jpg

pr16.jpg

pr17.jpg

pr18.jpg

pr19.jpg

pr20.jpg

pr21.jpg

Nice...is there a ride Bath to Bristol and back....if you do it one day give us a shout and I'll get the train over and join ya.
Carl

Yeah the path goes from Bristol to bath along the kennett & avon canal,up through devizes and the cairn locks,its a grand ride on a summers day ;)

Great pics and bikes, how long does it take from Bristol to Portishead and it's cycle track or public road?

I have to try that route one day :)

We did the Pill path from the centre of Bristol docks (by SS Great Britain) along the portway under the suspension bridge,thats leads you all the way down to Portishead on cyclepath ;)

Can vouch for the Bristol Bath route

Some work colleagues and I did the route from Frome – Radstock – Bath – Bristol, and back again :? Last summer. It was about 70miles all in, and a great day out (took all day mind you – though we did stop off in a few pubs enroute) – It's all reasonably flat and were possible follows off-road cycle tracks so it's quiet.

Back