Saturday no snow Baiku

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Early morning frost cleared, time to hit the trails....onto the farm track and most of last weeks snow now melted....trails are awash with mud and very hard going....bike and rider filthy within seconds....into the woods and the normal screaming singletrack proves hard going....brave the watersplash in the hope it clears some of the mud....singlespeed is a wise choice in todays conditions....the miles rack up and I now ride new tracks....different scenery to look at....pause for a photo oportunity....enter new woods and a steep descent....tyres fill with mud and I slide towards the trees at an alarming speed....brake, slide, thank my lucky stars....grind my 32x18 up the cliff climb....spin into the village of Bracebridge Heath and onto South Common top....cheery ramblers say hello....a 5 minute road spin takes me to my favourite singletrack downhill....nail this and I'm home....wash the bike, shower myself and tuck into a lemon curd sarnie....best ride of the year so far :cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2075.JPG
    DSCN2075.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,056
  • DSCN2073.JPG
    DSCN2073.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,056
  • DSCN2072.JPG
    DSCN2072.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • DSCN2070.JPG
    DSCN2070.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 1,056
:shock:

Attachments

• DSCN2078.JPG
    DSCN2078.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,055
  • DSCN2077.JPG
    DSCN2077.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,055
Can sympathise with the mud – was fairly heavy going down here too, some of the trails down on the levels were still flooded from the beginning of the week.

Your bike certainly ended up muddier than mine though

I had a chance to fit my new red crudguard which kept my arse the right colour :D

Did find some snow though, well sort of :? (Iceberg dead ahead)

Attachments

• Snow_IMG_0535.jpg
    Snow_IMG_0535.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,024
this was around Colsterworth, Lincs today :D. Man it was hard work in the snow - really energy sapping slushy stuff on boggy/muddy fields.

Attachments

• SP_A0571 (Medium).jpg
    SP_A0571 (Medium).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • SP_A0569 (Medium).jpg
    SP_A0569 (Medium).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,017
  • SP_A0567 (Medium).jpg
    SP_A0567 (Medium).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,017
Blimey Ed, you certainly faired a lot worse than me! :shock:

Although, having said that, the trails today were very energy sapping too :(

:shock: How much snow???

I feel hard done by now. Seriously, looks like you had a stack up your way – it was a bit like that down here last weekend, but it had turned quite icy by the saturday

Come on – how many others have been braving our recently discovered syberian winter??

as chairwimp of the garage queens and kings i feel i must inform you this kind of talk could cause ....trubble!there will be no riding in the mud round ere mate ......gawd forbid i mite get dust on me mech....shudders........we have a squad of lookouts watching for clouds ,,,,,dirt and tourists and a severe lack of places to put our bikes in the classic people walking by and admiring look position...................................dammit its less than 25oc out there....arrrgghhhhh.

just kidding ..i rode to a cycle lesson the other day( irony) and damn near froze me nuts off.still felt good though......and it was sunny.... :oops:

Crayons":2drrbe6u said:
Come on – how many others have been braving our recently discovered syberian winter??

The snow makes your regular trails ride so differently :cool:

Back