1991 Gary Fisher Procaliber: do you know anything?

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The top of the line steel bike in 1991 GF's catalogue was the procaliber. In yellow orange and black team colours, it was considered (at least here in Italy, a particular market where konas and gt's have never been popular) one of the best steel bikes of 1991. It came with suntour xc pro gruppo and evolution headset.
It was Paola Pezzo's first real racing steed (if we exclude that ridiculous Bianchi she used in Durango: a supermarket bike with XT bolted on) and also other famous racers' bike (Walter Brandli for example, unbeatable Swiss in the veteran class).
Now, I've never seen a pic in a retro site, and I haven't found one in the bay either.
Have you got any news of the missing bike?

novekili":2gcghpl1 said:
well... I assume Fishers don't have many fans... :cry:

oh, but they do :)

Those come up every so often on ebay, and they don't go for very much money when they do....perhaps $150 to $200 usd.

I know of a very very special Super Calibre tucked away somewhere a long way from here that might be making an apearance sometime soon.

Si

Dr S":27yrxoev said:
I know of a very very special Super Calibre tucked away somewhere a long way from here that might be making an apearance sometime soon.

Si

anticipation.jpg

novekili":10hud1k4 said:
well... I assume Fishers don't have many fans... :cry:

I haven't seen many Fishers in the UK, even the post-Trek models like mine.

A '91 Procaliber would be a lush bike :D Love those old team colours

I had one, very nice bike. If memory serves it had Columbus tubing. I also had a '91 & '92 Fisher Supercaliber, Easton 7005 AL tubing ( I cracked a headtube on the '91 and Fisher replaced it with a '92).

The Procalibers show up on eBay every now and then. Can't recall what they go for, but I would not hesitate paying more than $200.

Gary Fisher Procaliber

Hi

I have a 1991 Procaliber. I bought it new in 1991 when I was at University in the UK. The US student I bought it off brought it over still boxed. He worked for a bike shop in the States. He unfortunately broke his leg soon after his arrival to the UK - I bought it in its box for very little money.

There are so many cool subtle features on this bike like grease points on hubs and pedals. It is very light and brilliant to ride. Gary Fisher signed the bike a couple years ago when a friend of mine used as a display bike on his stand at a show.

Mine is Tange Prestiege Ultralight Tubing, Suntour XC 9000 groupset and loads of Gary Fisher unique bits (bars and stem, tyres etc)

I've kept it original and I'll will keep it forever. I'll post some photos sometime soon.

Back