Sold bike, now sad, is it wrong ??

dekerfintheshed

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just dropped off my Lava Dome to the new owner... Spent the last couple of nights cleaning it, removing mudguards and lights (it was a commuter) and didn't realise how cool it looked. Feeling quite sad now, am I wrong to feel like this. The Mrs said I was a dick :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Mrs said I was a dick

:LOL:

I've not regretted any I've sold yet, though I suppose the day might come. I thought I would be more attached to my bikes but it seems I'm not :shock: I guess it's the thought of, well what can I get next with the money :D

i hold a strong emotional attachment to all my cycle stuff even the crap and broken bits :oops:

on one hand i look at something and think " its not hurting anyone sitting on the self and it might be usefull in a few years , id rather have the part than the money . the monetary value isnt as high as the joy of owning the bit "

but i often go through times when i sell off a load of stuff in an attempt to create zen like neutrality . its very mentally rewarding to pass on a bit once in a while . after all desire is a tiring way to think for long periods of time

its hard to justify holding onto something " just in case " or " one day " when you are struggling to put together a bike more useful than the one being stripped

it was only a kona lava dome, buy yourself a klein/fat chance/merlin/ mountain goat etc to cheer yourself up ;)

dekerfintheshed":36vmngro said:
The Mrs said I was a dick :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Just don't let her think you are working her. :D

"the mrs said i was a dick!"

priceless!!! :LOL:

they just don't get it though do they! they are allowed loads of shoes and handbags etc but do we moan about that? no!! but are we allowed to have as many bikes as we want? generally no . . . . single life as a cyclist is gooooooooooooooooood!!(see list!) :LOL: i refuse to sell my bikes, i only sell the bits i don't need anymore or that aren't considered bling etc

if seeing someone means selling bikes i'm never going to get a girlfriend!! :LOL:

shit.

scant":2lj5v4zj said:
it was only a kona lava dome, buy yourself a klein/fat chance/merlin/ mountain goat etc to cheer yourself up ;)

Even despite my obsessive Konaddiction I see the mans point! :LOL: Tell it like it is Honest John!

Consider it reincarnation...the Lava Dome has got but you have a new toy on its way.

I have often regretted selling stuff but it has often been necessary to buy other stuff. The circle of retrobike life!

Plenty more '94 Lava Domes left in the sea - or on the Bay.

Latest posts

Back