Ebay disappointment

Crayons

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've fallen foul of the IT boffins at work again

Been watching a Raleigh Technium Chill on fleabay for the week – collection only so I expected the interest to be minimal, and it was right on my doorstep. Told myself I'd have a sneaky bid if the price was right.

Checked every hour on the hour during the day and the bid was an unchanged £20. Half an hour before the auction ended we all het an internal email saying IT need to restart their server thingy and it might result in some disruption – immediately the damn thing goes off-line (takes them 45mins to get it all running again – I mean, really? my mac restarts in a matter of seconds).

I missed my opportunity to bid by just a few minutes, but comforted myself by saying – it'll have been sniped at the last minute anyway – did the stupid thing of checking, lo and behold it had sold for the same £20 it' had been at all bloody week (ONE BID :twisted: )

The moral to this story is: if you think you might do a sneaky bid load a snipe, and if you miss the window don't, for the love of god, check and see what it sold for :cry:

Right – I'm off to spam my own work email, give them IT people something to do for a change tomorrow.

bugger, well you don't know what that 1 bid was, he may have had a 100quid on it.

yeah… that's what I keep telling myself :LOL:

Seriously though, I hope someone on here got it – looked worth saving.

Not sure I had room for it anyway :? (he says, still trying to convince himself)

Longun had a Technium Chill for sale recently - quite a large one (it used to be mine ;) ) - see if it's still available? He might be on honeymoon though at the moment.

Back