Icy Sunday Baiku

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Sun....snow....crunch....ice....slip and slide....Mike on his M2....I'm on the Tequesta....chat lots....curse the conditions....M2 gears slipping.....SS powers on :cool: ....countryside still under a white blanket....plenty of grumpy ramblers out :roll: ....best ride of my life ;)

Attachments

• 8 Feb pic2.JPG
    8 Feb pic2.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 8 Feb pic1.JPG
    8 Feb pic1.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,107
Ride to local cross race.

Race cancelled :cry: Tarmac sections too dangerous to race :shock:

Ride home. Eat multiple bacon sandwiches :D

great minds think alike Pickle.

Went out today for an hour or so, lot of trouble staying upright. The snow that was almost too deep to ride on friday morning has now thawed, and refrozen into an interesting combination of rough and slippery (with the emphasis on slippery)

Finally found some snow patches that no one had walked on, and they were great fun.

Still preferred fridays ride though – top tip, fit conti crosscountry 1.5" and you'll be amazed at what you can ride through. Plus they don't seem to clog up with snow as much.

didn't realise Mike had built up the M2 in the end :D

I went out yesterday on the Axis and cycled through 8 inches of snow for the first time in years :D

Attachments

• SP_A0562 (Large).jpg
    SP_A0562 (Large).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,048
  • SP_A0560 (Large).jpg
    SP_A0560 (Large).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,048
Snow

Even worse to come this week! Good bike building weather eh? :D Everything frozen solid up here after yesterdays thaw, real broken leg territory! Now were's my Allen Keys?

Not being from a snowy region - mine's more of a 'stuff the fettling - let's get out in it!' :D (Ice permitting :roll: )

scant":3ki7mmyz said:
is lincoln as pancake flat as it looks?

Pretty much just the one decent ridge running through Lincoln, good hills are a little thin on the ground but there's a handful of short ones to test you and some pleasant trails there. Plenty of hills in the Wolds though, you're just spoilt having mountains. ;)

Did a ride around Leicestershire on Friday, really hard going on the ss but good, apart from losing the Cateye Wireless. :evil: Today's Wolds ride was a much more slippery day, sheets of thick ice on the minor roads (not good when you're descending and pretty difficult ascending :shock: ) even the trails were compacted snow and ice. Still, the pint afterwards was very enjoyable. :D

Steve
:D

i'd have liked to have ridden in abit more snow, we had a bit at the start of th week, probably about 4inches deep but that was it, then it was gone pretty much by the next day. :(

all cool pics above though! :D

Back