Insuring my bikes

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive done a search for some answers but most of them come back with people who insure their bikes under their home insurance,i dont own a house,im currently at my parents place and their insurer will only cover upto £1500 for ALL bikes in the garage which is a joke really.

Im looking into getting some cycle insurance for them and just wanted to ask anyone who's in the same boat as me who they would reccommend and who to avoid please?

thanks guys

andy ;)

Lloyds TSB used to do a good bike scheme under their household insurance but as my last claim was 7 years ago, I'm not sure if its still valid.

A speaker had fallen and badly dented a Kinesis frame - Lloyds replaced the frame/ forks seatpost and sent me almost a completely new bike back. Excess was about £50.

In 1999, My shed was broken into and emptied - a Lloyds assessor came round and I showed her what I could by out of MBUK to replace what was stolen - a cheque for £1900 was presented a few days later...

psyclone1976":3v0tygin said:
how would the
new for old
thing work with retro bikes then!!!????

The insurers could have a secret warehoue full of NOS bling ano cnc'd made in the deepest darkest parts of america-uk-land, under heavy armed guard, that they dip into when one of us like make a claim.

mattbrown":1r1trpro said:
psyclone1976":1r1trpro said:
how would the
new for old
thing work with retro bikes then!!!????

The insurers could have a secret warehoue full of NOS bling ano cnc'd made in the deepest darkest parts of america-uk-land, under heavy armed guard, that they dip into when one of us like make a claim.

I think we should start a hunt for this magical place!! I'm off to look at the back of my wardrobe!!!!

E&L are crap.

New for old is only for 2 or 3 years from new, then it's reduced rate if you claim

I had a bike stolen from inside my house & claimed on the house insurance, when I replaced the stolen bike I contacted E&L to insure it, they said they would not insure it & would be cancelling my current policy on my other bike that was insured with them.

IMHO E&L suck donkey balls

Back