Rocky Mountain Team Colours (paint match)

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I forget who mentioned to me a colour match for the red of the early 90's team colour (red/yellow)

It was probably gump as he used to ride them, but thought I would ask as there are many more people now.

Any one know the colour match for this (as per Altitude 1991/1992 frame and resprayed for the teams on later frames) not the newer late 90's+ colours

Particularly after the red, with yellow a bonus.
I know they where originally Dupont Imron paints but anything close and available is all good.

You finally getting around to giving that poor RM frame some love? Looking forward to seeing some progress updates! ;)

Sorry, can't help with your colour questions. :(

Hey, I found ford radiant red to be almost nob on, it's what I used as touch up. Has bonus of being easily available too :)

It semi built with a bastardised build at the moment, though had a problem with All Terrain cycles on taking ages to acknowledge my aheadset order.
Then whey wouldn't accept the card. I just have not got around to ordering a different somewhere else, lol.
XT shadow, SLX chainset (probably may just leave the m900 for now), '95 judy forks, LX vbrakes etc...

Once I've ridden it for a while like that in the mud and crap I'll put the retro stuff back on when it's dry (m900 groupset and gripshift and mag21's

But the mag's really need taking apart to fix the click in a leg (hence the fork swap and move to ahead for a while)

Reason for the colour code is the rear end needs touching up, there is a touching up quite a bit. In the spring I may strip some of the stays and give them a prober spray rather than a touch up. Think i'll leave the yellow from a respray as that is my patina, but just touch up the yellow area's that it to prevent rust.

Thanks gump, next itme i'm near a store i'll take a look.

Back