Breakaway Bolt

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just bought an Allintex rear mech breakaway bolt, for my Xt rear mech (735) but its too short. the pack says shimano compatible so whats it for?

Hey, i've got a green middleburn one, and 2 srp, 1 black 1 silver, and they're all the same length i.e. too bloody long! they were intended for my xt 737 and lx 563 mechs but both seem to need shorter bolt.

was it the blue one on ebay by any chance? if so i can't help with blue replacement, but if it's not blue i'd be interested in a swap!

cheers,
chris

Yep its the blue one of Ebay :LOL: It says 25mm on the pack anyone know what it fits?

well, just measured both mechs i have to hand and the LX 563 is a 25mm bolt, XT 737 is 30/31, and the bolts i have are all 34mm!!

so it seems like they're annoyingly all different.

I have an old Lx mech on my Terratrax maybe the bolts some use after all, cheers for that.

739's require a shorter bolt. I have a nearly nos one and I cant fit my Venhill Ti one off my old one as it is longer! :cry:

I have a 737 or 739 mech not sure off hand, tried to fit an SRP or similar alloy bolt, on comparason with the original bolt the SRP one is the same length but when fitted the mech is really sloppy. But fine with the original. I can't see why either!

rc300":3t0f022g said:
Have you fitted the o ring off the old bolt?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: This is a Doh! moment. You've struggled for ages to turn the plate around to the right point, the pliers have slipped off it several times making various mech parts go flying, you've smacked your knuckles a few times too before finally getting the circlip on. You feel really proud that you've managed to do it and then find a rubber o-ring on the bench. Then you realise you have to take it all apart and repeat the same process all over again! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back