Brake Boosters

Grant

Dirt Disciple
Does anyone still use them? Can you buy them new?

They were massive amongst the group people I hang a round with as a kid, I had cheap Halfords (Trans-X?) ones in silver, always wanted some Shimano carbon ones. Thinking I may get some for my XC bike for nostalgia purposes.

I do use them on several bikes, see -->

205204102_2e987c9546.jpg
2238779685_cbf3e4af62.jpg

Left Gorilla, right AC.

In case you're interested in a ''Brake Booster Labortest'' --> go here

i have one on my kili pro magnesium, so much flex in that frame they should have one built in.
you can get new (or at least nos) cnc ally ones on ebay, various colours, and the carbon shimano ones are often on there too.

Any rim brake will benefit from a booster because instead of wasting energy spreading the stays, energy is used squeezing the rim. The problem people tend to have with them is just aesthetic, and weight I suppose. If you like the look of them and aren't that bothered about an extra 60 grams or so, you'll get better brakes if you fit them :)

Got two nos red boosters that i need to swap for silver or blue if anyones interested?

bar_damage_595.jpg

Odyssey, though is different to the one in that review 'labortest' posted (looks more like the one next to it). Also help stiffen the Mag21's as works in conjunction with the fork brace, may also make them last longer as they're not twisting the lower legs as much

p.s. ignore the arrow ;)

HANG ON
I posted up pics of my bike with Pauls boosters on it and NOBODY said they liked the look
NOW your all saying the opposite :(

[Insert emoticon for shakes head and grumbles]

dyna-ti":2bta58ie said:
HANG ON
I posted up pics of my bike with Pauls boosters on it and NOBODY said they liked the look
NOW your all saying the opposite :(

[Insert emoticon for shakes head and grumbles]

It's because they were Paul's, nothing else, everyone hates them. Now if you had Halfrauds boosters it would get rave reviews :LOL:

Back