Middleburn UNO cranks

guybe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello, does anyone use these Middleburn UNO cranks for singlespeed, just wanted to know if they are any good and reliable? I am thinking buying one if I can find one. Cheers.

Attachments

• middleburn uno cranks.jpg
    middleburn uno cranks.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,706
Very good cranks and british too. I have a few sets.

I don't use the Uno but have a M'burn Duo on my FS, M'burn with a normal spider and 36t Surly ss ring on my SS's and M'burn three ring set up on the HT and the rigid.

I also have a couple of 36t ss rings for RS7/8.

Love them. All M'burn cranks are good stuff. I've used Uno's RS7's and RS8's. I'm now toying with a set of Duo. Must be used with the self extracting crank bolts. Anodised is optional ;)

Middleburn

Best Cranks you can buy still, never heard of any cracking and loads of options, the Duo's with a Carbon isis, are still lighter than anything else out there.

they're pretty reliable. make sure you use threadlock on the lockring holding the spider onto the crank arm.

I wish they'd make a thru-axle crank

scant":3e4pw1cd said:

I agree. I asked them this about 4 months ago. The designs are in progress but all they could say as to when was 'keep an eye on the website'.

It would be ideal for a retro-mod build.

adamgent":3t9p1io2 said:
scant":3t9p1io2 said:

I agree. I asked them this about 4 months ago. The designs are in progress but all they could say as to when was 'keep an eye on the website'.

It would be ideal for a retro-mod build.

I believe they are concerned that they bring out a two piece set up, as per HT 11 or X type etc, only to find the BB30 becomes adopted as the new standard? All a bit tricky for them really?
Personally I don't think we need BB30, as the HT11 model is as good as it gets, with the improved bearings now on the market.

the intention is for thru axle cranks to be compatible with BB30.

chris king & phil wood have committed to HT11. lets hope m'burn does too

Thanks for the replies, sound these are good enough, anyone got one for sale? let me know.

Cheers all.

Back