Anyone planing a ride in the snow?

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Been up since 6, just got confirmation that I can work from home instead of risk my life on the road. Used to love riding in the snow, anyone going to?

Snow

Riding to work today.Only a couple of miles,but riding in snow is one of the best things,ever.Looking forward to it. :D :D

yep, think I'm working from home* today. Trains into london look like their still running but the tubes stuffed and no busses on once I'd get there to get across the city, shame.

*with added mountainbiking :D

I am going to attempt to drive to Leeds from Oxford, borrowing some famous last words, I may be some time.
Sadly no room for a full bike in the car, although I am taking the Roberts and the sunn with me to do some work on.

yup! had a great time cycling in in the snow today. Forgot rim brakes don't really do much on the snow though. . . :shock: retro rocks, for the mostpart. . .
Been having similar conversations with the retro TR4 and mini driverd today, conceding that modern ABS is actually a good idea, but the modern guys conceding FWD does lack fun in the slipperystuff, :D

Shamus":1yokf57p said:
Whats the problem...we ride everyday on snow, with bikes and cars :LOL:

I friend had a Swedish girlfriend who was in the UK to study. One winter we were all in a pub when it had been snowing a little bit. The television was showing the usual pictures of "Travel Chaos" because of up to four inches of snow falling.
She turned to us with a look of puzzlement on her face and said, "What are these inches? Are they like our metres?"
When we told her, well, I'm sure she left that night still thinking we were taking the proverbial.

One of the most advanced nations in the world (?!?) and they still can't work out how the snow plough/gritter driver gets to work! "Can't get in boss, there's snow you see."

How the hell did we ever have an empire?

Yes. Well rode and walked. Rode to Chiswick. Then walked/road to Hammersmith then rode rode all the way to Westminster. The only one here. So the boss was very impressed with me for once :LOL:

Back