kona advice needed, please help!!

hello there

i have just purchased a 96 kona hahanna and i'm building up a rigid commuter bike with some of my old parts.

the bike came as frame and forks only and i'm puzzled about why there is no rear cable stop on the top tube to run a rear brake.

i suspect there was some sort of cable router integrated into the seat clamp to run a centre-pull brake but this was not included when i bought it.

i'm going to run a rear v-brake and was wondering what solutions were available short of running cable outer all the way down and zip-tying it to the frame.

cheers
ben

My mother was born in Chorlton-cum-Hardy!

The bike was built just before V-brakes came out, so it lacks a V-stop and your frame must have lost its detachable 'dog collar' that routed the canti cable.

You need a clamp-on V-stop. There's a link to somebody who sells them in the thread started by Panda just a bit down the screen. They work perfectly and are much better than running a full-length outer. Just make sure you get the right size - I think your top tube is a 31.8 (inch and a quarter).

thanks very much for that, superfast response!

someone from ken foster's cycle logic in chorlton pointed me to this site for advice, he obviously knew what he was talking about. apparently someone who works there is one of the authors of this site.

great shop as well, friendly and helpfull. highly recommended to anyone in the area.

ben

Back