Is it possible to get a 1 1/8 internal stem riser ?

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Is it possible to get an internal stem riser for a complete A-head system ? I know you can get external ones that fit over a bit of steerer and there are internal ones that convert a threaded (already tightend h. set) to an A-head fitting where you just change over stem type. But can you raise a full A-head system with an internal type height adaptor................i guess being able to pre-load the stem would be the problem after tightening any wedge system..............unless you bang a star nut in afterward (above the bolt that tightened the wedge) But then if ever you wanted to drop your forks you'd have to remove the star nut to get at the bolt .................maybe there's a system with an expandable star bung to preload the stem ???

Hi yes i've seen these...............do they allow you to preload the stem...................perhaps you could explain how it works cos just looking at the picture is doing my head in......... :?

The top has a cap the same as a standard ahead steerer. As the bolt is tightened the wedges expand to hold the steerer in place whilst still allowing the bolt to be tightened a touch more to preload the steerer. It comes with removable spacers to vary the height of extention. The spacers are the same diameter as the steerer. Sorry if this is a rubbish description! Whilst not ideal they do work & has enabled me to use an old set of RC35's.

Thanks..........are you saying there is only 1 bolt that tightens the wedge and preloads the stem at the same time ?........................sounds strange..............got ant pics ? :LOL:

Back