Someone educate me please?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This is driving me insane!!

When I first came on here I picked up a mint formula disc set-up from period of about 1998 ( friend of someone on here cannot remember now??)

Now I have only ever used the front caliper/wheel , Works fine bolts straight onto a Judy no problems.

Now the rear, this is the 2nd time I have tried to do something with it and it just doesnt seem compatible with anything?? The mounting bolts are different but more frustrating is the offset of the wheel ?? The disc on the hub is so far over it sits really close to the frame and when you then pull up the quick release it then just clamps the whole thing solid :evil:

So did Italian bikes in the late 90`s have different ways of mounting discs to the rest of the world?

Did formula discs/hubs change there mounts later on?

Am I missing something ?? i know the normal answer is fit V`s or maguras but I really just want to know that its not me !! :oops:

daj":1grty6uv said:
So did Italian bikes in the late 90`s have different ways of mounting discs to the rest of the world?

Did formula discs/hubs change there mounts later on?

Yes and yes.....

I used to have a disc compatible frame with a 130mm rear spacing (early 7 speed?) never did find out what make it was. However I could never get calipers to line up with discs. Could it be that you have the caliper that would have fitted my old frame?

Hmmmm Its a shame I orignally got the set for a sintesi bazooka which did fit the rear end but just thought it was a normal fitting

So in black and white then .... The rear wheel is about as much use to me as a choclate fireguard ??

My only other option is too use a old hope disc wheel but when fitted up only sits on about half of the rotor ( bearing in mind that its an old rotor about an inch wide)

Will have a play in the morning :D

Good link that FluffyChicken .... It does show frame and fork adapters

Latest posts

Back