gary fisher id

nporternz":cuzcy36j said:
GoldenEraMTB":cuzcy36j said:
I'd say newer than 97, definitely not older.

canti hanger and no disc mount though?!?

I'm going by the graphics, which maybe isn't the best thing to do. I know that in 97/98/99 they went with those ugly bubble letters in the graphics, the from 2000 till 2002 or 3 they went with straight block type of font on the decals. Before 97, in 94-96, they had a nice font, fine print type deal, understated.

Your bike has the much newer decal, like this 2003/2006:
http://www.kemp.ca/images/DSC02935.JPG

My guess- it has newer graphics/decals or it's a lowly model that does not come with disc brakes or v's for that matter.

Then again, I'm not one hundred percent.

I was sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for Gary Fisher and Billy Savage to join me for dinner when I saw this post, so I showed it to Gary and asked him what year the bike was.

He said he didn't know, because there were so many, but he guessed that it was about ten years old.

Gary is not much of a purist on those matters.

Repack Rider":kdyou9fo said:
I was sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for Gary Fisher and Billy Savage to join me for dinner when I saw this post, so I showed it to Gary and asked him what year the bike was.

He said he didn't know, because there were so many, but he guessed that it was about ten years old.

Gary is not much of a purist on those matters.

I'm sorry, what is this thread about? Just tell us a bit more about your meeting...forget the bike ;)

sorry nporternz

GoldenEraMTB":2g9lp91s said:
I'm sorry, what is this thread about? Just tell us a bit more about your meeting...forget the bike

Gary and I were the "celebrity leaders" of a 30-mile road ride sponsored by the local Trek dealer. 250 people showed up, and I hadn't been on a road bike in eight months. At least we got to start at the front, and Trek let me use a really nice bike, so with a combination of sitting on and attacking any gaps, I managed to stay with the front end of the group without ever taking a pull.

We were in San Diego for a screening of "Klunkerz," which was named "Cycling Film of the Year" at a local film festival. Here is one fan's report on the event.

Repack Rider":3enxztfr said:
GoldenEraMTB":3enxztfr said:
I'm sorry, what is this thread about? Just tell us a bit more about your meeting...forget the bike

Gary and I were the "celebrity leaders" of a 30-mile road ride sponsored by the local Trek dealer. 250 people showed up, and I hadn't been on a road bike in eight months. At least we got to start at the front, and Trek let me use a really nice bike, so with a combination of sitting on and attacking any gaps, I managed to stay with the front end of the group without ever taking a pull.

We were in San Diego for a screening of "Klunkerz," which was named "Cycling Film of the Year" at a local film festival. Here is one fan's report on the event.

Couldn't ask Gary if he knows where I can get my hands on an original saddle for my 87 Montare XT could you :LOL:

Back