HS33s

Boz

Dirt Disciple
Are HS33s retro or not?

Is it advisable to use them on my Kilauea? Or would the frame get totally buggered?

The thing is I like the look of them without the brake boosters on; is this going to have an adverse effect on the frame?

Last question:
Are they cool?

retro yes, dunno about the booster, think you need it or your stays might flex a lot.
Cool? not sure, never really used them, thought they were overly complex for the benefits. I did like those hydraulic Vbrakes that were on here recently though. :? Fickle?

Can't you still buy HS33s?

Not sure about flex, but even with cantis my steel stays are all over the place :shock:

Yeah you can still get them, I have a pair of the limited edition green ones. They come in an Evo 2 guise these days, there's a booster kind of thing behind them too.

I'm going to bang these on then keep a watch on the SID blue ones on the bay.

HS33

Magura have been around for a long time and make a fantastic product. I was using their hydraulic brakes as soon as I could get my hands on them, back in the day. They would stop me from hitting the farmer's gate at the bottom of a long adventurous downhill everytime in any weather, where other brakes would have given up entirely.
I think I'm right in saying that Pace specced them on the RC100 bikes. How retro is that?

Boz":2hdh89ws said:
Yeah you can still get them, I have a pair of the limited edition green ones.

Set of the Green ones on Aussie Ebay over here..

If anyone's interested, I'll help out if he won't post Internationally ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The green ones are poo, a lot of the green has flaked off mine, they're a nice colour though.

Mine were £140 when they first came out now they're about £90 :cry:

Yeah I once came off the mountain into the village I was staying at and there was quite a steep road into the village with a 30MpH speed limit sign at the bottom, I was pumping all the way down and I could smell the burning rubber.

And there was no way I was within the limit :LOL:

Back