Pace rc31 v-brake kit

bazza

Dirt Disciple
Hi all. I'm looking at getting the v-brake kit for My rc31 forks, but dont know whether to run the brakes from behind the forks (like Pace used to) or run them on the front as normal?

I think I remember someone saying that you get more bite from the brakes running them behind the forks but I've tried it both ways and didn't notice any real difference, maybe it was the way I set them? :LOL: Anyway, I prefer the way they look fixed at the front, some will say it's better at the back.

Look at some pics of both set ups and see what you prefer?

stevek":159c4ri9 said:
I've tried it both ways and didn't notice any real difference, maybe it was the way I set them? :LOL: Anyway, I prefer the way they look fixed at the front, some will say it's better at the back.

ditto.

I'm selling some RC31s at the moment, if the buyer doesn't want the V brake mounts I'll let you know!

rc31 v-brakes

Hi, cheers for that, I also read that they give more bite when reversed, I also prefer the old school look as well.
If the buyer doesn't want them that would be great, keep Me posted.

Cheers Guys! :D

I've found they have less tendency to squeal when fitted behind the fork. The cable/noodle line can be a little neater in front.

There's one very good advantage of running them from the back, you can have a neater and not coiled cable running from the lever to the arm. Cut the noodle down so it's about 50mm long and a smooth slight bend - works better.

And Mike, if your's fall through...I'll be having those v brake adapters... ;)

i run them at the back, cos i feel its more efficient to have the force pushing the brake onto the mounting post rather than pulling it off. not sure it really makes much difference though. from a practical point of view, they get clogged with mud more behind, so there must be a good reason why pace put them there. aerodynamics ? ;)
i guess in the end it depends what brakes you are using. ive just got xt v's on but if i had some pauls or stienbachs or whatnot, id have em up front on show.

If it's on a Pace fork you have to fit the brakes to the back of the fork. It's the law! :p :LOL:

Back