In principle who'd be interested. Retro XC race event.

Interested in principle

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
So without going into the small details who would be interested in coming out of retirement and taking part in an XC retro race event?

funnily enough i thought about this earier today while thinking about the old skool bmx racing and how a classic xc race would be reallllly good :p

I have voted on behalf of John (inspector) Morse! As he is in India at the mo'.

Also Mike (giant killer) Muldoon! ;) If he's not busy shmoozing with industry types and velocake blogginging.

Both of team, cycle centre Penzance.

Al. team manager and race food guy! :D Usually lo-cal jammy D's n Coffee.

It's funny, a few of us before christmas were discussing the idea of a retro cyclocross race so an XC on the same lines would be great.
It'd be great to see how the old skool stuff copes in a race when ridden by someone who's used to racing the mod cons.
Not done and XC race since all the retro kit was cutting edge so i'd probably not notice the difference !
Are you thinking there'd be guidlines to keep it retro or just trust us all to enter into the spirit ?
How about rigids only :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

rigid would exclude all the rockshox . id assume it would be

no more than 60mm travel
inch steerer
cantis

i'd be up for this :D
easy was of deciding what bikes are eligable to race - if they'qualify' for the retro pre 97 reader bikes?
could be fun :D

tbh, I was thinking along the lines of age related classes like under 35's, over 35's and maybe a masters class for those with a pedigree. I'd also be thinking of getting away from the oldschool XC format of one long slog and perhaps having 3 x 25 minute races per class. Meaning if we had 3 classes you would then have an hour between races to recover, repair and spectate.

But like I say just want to an idea of interest at this stage. No point pushing a head if only half a dozen are interested.

I've been lightly trying to persuade my local bike shops to re run the sidlaws race that used to be held here in the early 90's, they don't seem too against it, I might try a little harder.

Back