New XT Discs with XT topmounts

captain8track

Retro Guru
does it work?

I just bought a massive non retro frame (plastic fantastic) and still want to ride 8speed and topmounts, and I've been offered the new XT brakes and if anyone has tried theese or xtr and got a picture of that combo that would be ace!

my biggest concern is that the shifters will rub against the levers and I have to mount them Ugly, and I don't want that. if it doesn't work I'll have to ride 9speed and gripshifts...

cheers

Attachments

• xt.jpg
    xt.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 630
Pauls thumbie mounts and dura ace bar end shifters are possibly the answer. And it will give you 9spd thumbies of joy. I know they work OK with modern hope levers, not sure about the XT's

(you can see them on my RC200-in cahoots with magura hs33's, click the link in my signature)

CK's got these fitted on his Genesis. He loves 'em, i can't get on with them, they just don't seem to fit my hands.

re:

I've seen your pauls/magura set up it looks ok, but I like the look of the xt model more, and really don't need more then 8speed on my racebike.

But i'll get the frame tonight and will be forced to ride v's in the back until my chris king hub is fixed anyhow. And will have the oppurtunity to try the shifters with the brake levers when they arrive! otherwise I will ride BB7's and that won't cause any problems with the levers... and they are fairly good to but a bit on the heavey side.

Latest posts

Back