When was Shimano Deore LX introduced?

generallee

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive just become the proud owner of a NOS new in the box 1990 Haro Extreme - it's so nice, will post pics soon, but Im wondering what year Deore LX was introduced? It has Deore DX shifters, but LX mechs and chainset and cantis - ]It also has Ritchey Vantage rims, Ritchey tyres, Shimano U BRake onthe back etc - and elevated chainstays/

Any info on Deore Lx appreciated, I had no idea it went back as far as 1990?!

Cheers!
steve

It would be very scary if someone said ''oh, LX? Yes, the year I was born, 1989/90 - I'm 19 tomorrow.''

The LX shifters were the Push/Push jobbies found with 300/400/500LX groupset. DX got the thumbies.

Those Haro bikes were on Ebay a few years back, two models both absolutely NOS and in their boxes. Should have bought one.

I have a feeling that Deore LX was intgroduced as a group in 1993 in its all black garb. About the same time that DX was culled and XTR introduced.

mtbfix":14cdvw94 said:
I have a feeling that Deore LX was intgroduced as a group in 1993 in its all black garb. About the same time that DX was culled and XTR introduced.

No, LX has been around a bit longer in its polished alu with black parralellagram ala XT M730 form.

Agreed. Was just looking at some old Marin specs and they had it on pre-90. I retract my previous assertion.

The first incarnation 1990 ish was really smart, just never seemed very popular, guess DX wasnt much more expensive; never seen much of it around until 93 when Shimano start pushing Deore LX and everything had it

1989's mountain lx became deore lx in 1990. it was far more similar to exage 500lx than it was to dx - it had the weaker cantis, the plastic shifters and the four finger brake levers.

pretty crankset though.

Back