spoke manufacture question?

kokies

Retro Guru
spoke manufacture question?
What spoke manufacture has an “i” logo on the spoke head? Thanks for the help.

It might stand for inox, which is what stainless steel is called in some countries.

would be interesting to list the ones we know of. my tiny contribution is as follows:
1.) DT-Swiss (D)
2.) wheelsmith (W)
3.) sapim (S)

and i'm not even sure about the letters :oops:

the picture is not the best, but to me it looks like and I. came on a merlin I just picked up. I thought they may be Ti, but unsure, and could not tell by feel. Hubs are m900.

Attachments

• IMG_0483s.jpg
    IMG_0483s.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 975
there not ti matey ti is normally not polished or any where near that shade of silver sorry would be well cool if they where you'll need some mawie spokes if you want ti or dt ti but they aren't worth the cost as revolution dt spokes weight the same and have a better fatigue life nad feel ;) ;) ti spokes are a little harsh as they arn't butted and are very stiff :cry:

Inigo Montoya":1l94w4gv said:
would be interesting to list the ones we know of. my tiny contribution is as follows:
1.) DT-Swiss (D)
2.) wheelsmith (W)
3.) sapim (S)

and i'm not even sure about the letters :oops:

DT is an intertwined DT ;-)
Ritchey Logic is similar but RL
Wheelsmith is correct
(can get picture if you want ?)
no idea of Sapim

any one know Alpina/ACI ? Merlin use them

The crackling on the spoke looks like it could be a chrome plated spoke ?

There are also the british made spokes by http://www.central-wheel.co.uk (who I believe do 14g spokes)

there is also (don't know if rebranded) Shimano & Mavic.

Though the spoke we are talking about looks like a mass produced one and hte i is a blemish of manufacturing (looks like a blob to me)

Back