this is my first time

dale traskowski

Retro Newbie
hi im new here and have just spent about four hours gawking at some of the stunning ol bikes on this site, i have been riding mountain bikes for donkeys years,"how old do donkeys live?" bringing back some lovely memories, the bikes that is. i own a few bikes ,some old and some not so old,i have just finished building my early nineties saracen killi flyer,tange prestige steel,the one with the ritchey dropouts,early cannondale fork,spin wheels,ringle ,kooka ,use etc,the guys at orange gave it a factory spray job for me and it lives up to its name "flyer". it gets some funny looks , I also own a custom built late nineties cannondale f800 and an 02 santa cruz bullit which weights an amazingly light 27lbs .My old retro road bikes include a rare 70s fillit brazed "gios torino" which i have spent two years faffing with,A beautifull early 80s bianchi with columbus slx frame and one of the last hand built carltons 531 ,i will try and get more pics on soon if any body is interested,anyway a bit long winded im sorry but nice to meet you all.REGARDS DALE[/img]

would love to see a pic of the carlton, i'm not really into road bikes but my dad gave me his old 531 carlton with campag record stuff and i've not seen many others....get a pic up in the retro road bike bit ;) :D :D :D

ps, hi :D

I agree with Hairstream...

The retro's will strip you of all sensibility...

Top up your bank balance, get some more credit cards..., there are so many 'holy grails' - just ask my wife :D

No, really, welcome. I wish I had kept my Carlton Corsa for my son

Ride and Smile,

Chaser.

let's see some pics of the Kili Flyer - I have two of them - both in Orange :cool: (and a Kili Comp).

just klick on my gallery for a pic of the killi flyer,and look closely,dont let the factory paint job done by orange in halifax fool you,its a full blown killi, ritchey pro logic triple butted frame from tange prestige steel,ok i know ive done a few modifications with the three spoke spin wheels and drop bars and stuff but i thought i would build something a little different,tell me what you think.

Back