Another "Which Hub?" TIOGA Disk Drive Content

Well they told me a Hugi would be the best to have in there... makes an awesome sound. Got me a Hugi but it was 32H alas :-( But I have a Suntour XC Pro in there now and that also sounds pretty cool, and since it's gonna be all Suntour it fits the rest of the bike too hehe.

Some hubs won't fit though, but from what I've heard standard Shimano 36H, standard Suntour 36H, the Hugi and also Ringle hubs would fit this.

hairstream":1ow9yzdo said:
I'm ready to build up my disk drive. Any suggestions on what hub to use. I have a NOS 231 36h. Thanks.

The build will pretty much narrow ( if not dictate) the choice you make. What groupo are you planning to use with the wheel?

I'm quietly looking for a 36h M900 rear hub for mine (NOS, of course...)

sachs also built several hubs that fit. I heard that TNT also built a hub that fit, but I never saw it to confirm that.
As pre-recommended above I'd go for the hugi purely for the motorbike noise level :D

36h is a bugger to find! I would surely take a 36h m900 if I could find it. I just don't want to go down the same path as my mate....

me: "...hey, what hub did you build up your disk with?

mate: "...just some crummy new 36h hub. I'm not actually gonna ride the disk."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

hairstream":21of4ian said:
36h is a bugger to find! I would surely take a 36h m900 if I could find it. I just don't want to go down the same path as my mate....

me: "...hey, what hub did you build up your disk with?

mate: "...just some crummy new 36h hub. I'm not actually gonna ride the disk."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

why disc drive do you have? the radial pro disc takes a 32hole ;)

I have NOS Ringle superduper8 in 36h and they have been standing up to radial abuse for god know how many rims. Only got red black and silver though, no blue. But I do have the front superbubbas to match IIRC.. . .

<<edit> oh yes,nice and clicky triple pawl. ;)

Yeah, I heard the triple pawl gives it a really cool sound.
A shame to use as lovely a hub as the Ringle since it gets covered over.

M900 would be awfully solid.

I may be in the market for a set of matching front and rear Ringle 32h for the ASLT. ;)

Back