Long way from home Sunday ride

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Out in my 2nd home this weekend (the Siemens Healthcare training centre) in Erlangen.
Took the (t)rusty Cannondale out for a very wintery spin in the local forests. Really regreted fitting semi-slicks to it last time I was here in the summer! The snow has been on the ground for 2 weeks and it was -14 at the start of the week so concentration was key.
Found some amazing trails around a cold-war tank training ground (which I didn't even know was there!) but conditions (lack of balls!) meant I kept to the main paths.
Anyhow, took a few pics and here they are (plus a couple from Nuremberg yesterday :LOL: )

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

From Nuremberg...
If you have been, you will know that this is the view across the lake towards the document centre (where a lot of the Nazi records are kept) The lake was so frozen, people were playing hockey on it!
DSC00903.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

cool pics, i want snow here, we never get it anymore . . . boring wet winters and that's it!!

:D

Weather

Love riding in conditions like that, all we get is damp raw air, lots of gusty wind and seas of muddy clay that stick to everything and wreck ageing transmissions, Brrr time for another retrobuild :D :D well thats my excuse and keeps me smiling!

jonnyboy666":1s1oqjkk said:
cool pics, i want snow here, we never get it anymore . . . boring wet winters and that's it!!

:D
Now come on Jon, there was at least 0.5mm a few weeks back :D
Its been pissing down here since lastnight and now most of it has melted :(

Back