Maiden SS on a new Bike-u

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Finished the GT Tequesta yesterday so first ride today....bright sunshine, warm but very windy out....out onto the trails and its like hitting a brick wall....the wind is relentless....suddenly my 32x18 seems hard work....bike feels light and nimble though....climbs like a dream....trails are damp and muddy....I'm enjoying this....bunny hops are so easy over the roots....bike is best described as "flickable"....I had hoped I wouldnt like this, but I do, a lot....through the mud the bike plods on....no mechs to worry about....home now and I'm pleased....

but

go to adjust the brand new DMR Tension Seeker II....bolts that should come apart are seized....bum....only option is an angle grinder to get the thing off my dropout....&5%£$$$$....

Returns sheet printed to CRC....tensioner packed up....bike in 1 peice minus tensioner for a few days now :roll:

Best (and worst) ride of my life :LOL:

Attachments

• DSCN2021.JPG
    DSCN2021.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,446
Best and worst ride of my life!

Yep, that'll be a SS then! :D welcome to real riding, and a life time of knee and back pain. :LOL:

Worth every bit, ask my Chiropractor!

Al. :D

....only option is an angle grinder to get the thing off my dropout

:shock: :shock:

Sounds like you had a great ride mind :D

So looks like the stable might have a resident SS then? :cool:

Sounds like another convert :LOL: Riding through mud for the first time is great...you just plod through...and when you do get through you think 'somethings missing' ...... a yes, no chain/gear/derailleur feckupery :D

Will we ever get Heathy on a SS :?:

And I have an on-one doofer that I've just taken off the Fisher I'm selling. It's in excellent nick, and is the best tensioner out there. £7 posted.

chris667":35k2k13z said:
And I have an on-one doofer that I've just taken off the Fisher I'm selling. It's in excellent nick, and is the best tensioner out there. £7 posted.

Thanks for the offer. If CRC play silly beggars I'll have it off you!

MJN":3df5qwh7 said:
How many times did you try to shift gear? :D

LOL, first time I rode my Inbred my thumbs were wagging about under the bars for ages until my brain got to grips with the fact that there were no shifters there.

MJN":vyra122t said:
How many times did you try to shift gear? :D

Seriously, it wasnt a problem, but then I used to ride track and a lot of time trials on a fixed wheel so am used to the one gear thing.

Just didnt think it'd work off road......but amazingly it does :LOL:

Back