Where did GT frames get produced

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi can anyone answer where a 1998 GT Bravado 631 Reynolds frame would have been produced. My guess is Taiwan but could anyone give some more info. I can't find any serial no's, etc on the frame does anyone know where these could be.

Bravado

Wonderful frames, I had a team issue in 14, team blue Graphics, they were raced by a few of the team riders, who didn't like the feel of Aluminium. Mine was US built, but was a Team Issue. I thought they stopped making the 631 versions and went Aluminium mid, if not early 90's tho?

No I got a 98 and gm1230126 ID'd it as a 1998 from the decals

Attachments

• CIMG0760.JPG
    CIMG0760.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,524
  • CIMG0762.JPG
    CIMG0762.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,524
Bravado

That doesn't look like an original finish to me and with the rack mounts looks a fair bit earlier I would say!

No you're mistaken. Definitely a 1998 model with original frame Decals. Decals are under the laquer NO marks anywhere also it's a V Brake frame with no cabling groove. Non 'LE' model though. This was bought as NOS from an old LBS that closed. Never used and totally mint

Heres a pic of a little 14.5" Bravado same colours - same finish

Attachments

• Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,486
All those 525 and 631 frames from 1997 and 1998 were Taiwan built. Tequesta model through the Bravado. The serial number determines which factory it was built by.

@Wold Ranger...Team Issue?? GT never had a "Team Issue" frame are you talking about the Psyclone? The Psyclone was the only US built chromoly frame and it was made at the GT Tech Shop in Longmont, CO.

Bravado

Bravado LE team was the model, came from the UK race team, had the GT blue race colours, with a warning sticker "race team only" and "handbuilt in the USA" followed by a signature I could not read with a big stars n stripes flag on it, was very light at just over three pounds, wish I had never sold it, didn't realise at the time it's rarity. I've never seen one since either.

There's another one somewhere on this site, same colour, that was built up NOS. Nice frame...

Back