Seatpost / bars / bar ends combo?

Boothy

Retro Guru
Looking for a spot of advise on a Delta V build... imagine a shiney polished aluminium frame, polished forks, polished stem, blue decals, fluro maguras...... but what about the seat post, bars and bar ends?

I'm stumped, But I've got blue x-lite risers in mind?

Help.

Attachments

• cannyV.jpg
    cannyV.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 675
Noooo bar ends and risers. :LOL:

What about sticking to that side of the pond? Always thought Syncros went well with dales or you can always find reasonable coda stuff. Common practice says seatpost and stem should match but I reckon you can get away with it. I would give risers a miss too, the frames the star keep everything else plain.

mmm i have a grey xlite clikon post and grey/blue xlite g-force risers im not using. the post is a bit scratched but could be cleaned up. its has a 27.7 shim with it and they look nice togther, i wouldent even mind if you wanted to use barends with them :LOL: i think i might even have some xlite barends in silver cut down to stubbie size. pm me if intrested.

Good chat chaps,

I've got some blue risers already kicking about, which was my only reason to maybe try them... but possibly you're right the bar end / riser combo isn't great.

Syncros would be great, although this is more of a credit crunch build than the perfect build.

Maybe I'll leave these decisions till I've actually polished the frame, I'm sure my mind will change.

Thanks fellas.

What about ritchey? Cheap and plentiful and my cannondale from around the same period had some ritchey stuff.

Not a bad idea squire, but did Ritchey do lovely anodized colours? I don't really remember any, and I'm up for a splash of colour.

Back