Breezer Storm One-Speed

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
If the name Jerry Heidenreich does not ring a bell, refer to this thread where this photo appears:

marin_hs.jpg

Jerry was kind enough to scan another version of the same photo, in an article from Bicycling Magazine in 1971. Like Joe Breeze and Jerry Heidenreich, I also graduated from Tamalpais High School, but several years before these events.

marin_hs_bicycling.jpg

This is Jerry's man-cave.

OldSchool00000.jpg

Jerry picked up a Breezer Storm frame for a few hundred bucks, and turned it into this immaculate one-speed. Rims are Araya RM-20, tires are retro-style UniRoyal Nobby knock-offs.

storm_01.jpg

storm_02.jpg

Storm_04.jpg

storm_03.jpg

storm_05.jpg

The velvety purple and off-White Storm is probably my favourite colourway, just looks so right. Love to know where to get some of those tyres from too!
The orange Schwinn in the garage shot looks pretty cool too- Any chance of some better pics of that CK?

Man, I wish I could grow a beard like Joe Breeze in that pic :LOL:

Si

I'm astonished at the condition of the paint. I had a 95 and you could look at it and the paint would chip. Sweet ride. Joe Cool.

Dr S":llssbmob said:
The orange Schwinn in the garage shot looks pretty cool too- Any chance of some better pics of that CK?
Can do. This is all very close to my house. Jerry does not build "klunkers," he sticks with simple coaster brake bombers. Here is where the nicest klunkers on the planet are.

Dr S":llssbmob said:
Man, I wish I could grow a beard like Joe Breeze in that pic
He grows a pretty good beard on his back.

Repack Rider":3aekwvv3 said:
Dr S":3aekwvv3 said:
Can do. This is all very close to my house. Jerry does not build "klunkers," he sticks with simple coaster brake bombers.
Here is where the nicest klunkers on the planet are.

Dr S":3aekwvv3 said:
Man, I wish I could grow a beard like Joe Breeze in that pic

He grows a pretty good beard on his back.

:LOL: I bet Joe is thrilled that that is no in the public domain! :LOL:

Could someone explain the subtle differences between Clunker and Bomber?

One thing I know is that my Klunker / Bomber is going to be heavy- the rear coaster hub arrived yesterday and it weights over 3 lbs :shock:

Si

That garage photo is an inspiration!

I should show it to my housemates. And the various people who store my bikes in their garages.

And to think I've thinned the herd recently... I obviously wasn't trying hard enough.

And all "relatively" similar. Obviously a man who knows what he likes.

Does anyone else think that Joe Harvin (on the left) looks like a very young Jay Leno??

Si

Although the definitions are loose, Jerry defines a "clunker" as a modified old bike, with extra gears and brakes.

His bikes are cleaned up and stripped down, but straight ahead coaster brake one-speeds.

Back