Whats your favorite rubber?

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So as the title suggests, any recommendations for tyres with a retro flavour? What you using for XC, racing, pootling etc. What about Tioga's, Panaracers,WTB's are the Conti's and Michelins retro enough? Or does it have to be NOS?

On the dutch forum I'm on, they all think they are world cup riders, they only want Schwalbe Racing Ralph and Nobbie Nic. brrrrr
I use Ritchey Z-max now, and I'm just happy with it. I can imagine there are better tires, but I don't think verybody will like schwalbe's best.

Used them much too, really like tem, never had problems. I only thougt they wear quickly. But i rode very much.

tioga psyco's if you can get them
wtb raptors still a very good tyre and cheap (£30 a pair)

i remember the psychos - they were cheap (£8.75) and a cool grey colour! ideal as an impoverished student!

yea my lbs got a load of bikes with the grey ones fitted o.e but everyone
wanted black tyres fitted so we got grey psycos for about a fiver a pair
thet were soft tho (lack of carbon i guess) had about 5 pairs at one time
wish i still had some now
remember the biscuit coloured ones?

Used to run IRC Geoclaw rear 1.9 and a Mk1 Psycho K back on the front in the winter and specialized hardpack 1.5 in the summer.

Now I run IRC Notos XC 1.9 front and rear all year round.

For slicks I used to use specialized Nimbus 1.175, now I use Schwalbe city jets.

All my tyres are the light amber skin wall on CD Mavic rims.

Who knows where you can get skin wall nobblies from now? IRC are the closest with that 'meat' colour.

Back